News‎ > ‎

CRB checks are now called DBS checks

posted 6 Nov 2013, 01:17 by Christine Schneider   [ updated 6 Nov 2013, 01:20 ]
The CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) is now called DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service). The change took place almost a year ago, but quite a few people are still confused by it. All it means is that you now need to ask therapists if they are DBS checked; the actual disclosure types are still the same - i.e. anybody who works with children or vulnerable adults needs to have an enhanced check. Other than the name, nothing else seems to have changed much, as even the certificates look very similar to the old CRB ones.